Comprehensive advice on copyright and related rights
Comprehensive advice on copyright and related rights is a service of the law firm AGTL Kharkiv, Kyiv, Odessa. Every day, the intellectual property market is replenished with new works of science and art, computer programs and databases. The development of technology makes them more accessible to the consumer, but at the same time creates additional opportunities for violating the rights and protected interests of authors, publishers and other rights holders.
The legal instruments currently in place provide reliable legal protection and protection of copyright and related rights in Ukraine and beyond.
Benefits of counseling
- Lawyers work in the field of copyright and related rights;
- Speed in providing the necessary information;
- Individual approach to service delivery.
The law protects the personal property and non-property rights of authors associated with the creation and use of works of science, literature and art – copyright.
The author’s non-property rights include, for example:
- the right to claim recognition of his authorship by naming the author on the work and its copies and in any public use of the work;
- prohibit the mention of the author’s name during the public use of the work if the author wishes to remain anonymous;
- to choose a pseudonym, to require a pseudonym instead of the author’s real name on the work and its copies and during any public use;
- to demand the preservation of the integrity of the work and to counteract any perversion, distortion or other alteration of the work or other encroachment on the work, which may damage the honor and reputation of the author.
A feature of the author’s non-property rights is that such rights cannot be transferred by the author to others.
The author’s property rights include the exclusive right to use the work and the exclusive right to permit or prohibit the use of the work by others. The author’s property rights may be transferred to others under the copyright agreement.
The list of works created by the author is not exhaustive. Examples include works in science, literature and art: literary writings of fiction, journalistic, scientific, technical or other character (books, brochures, articles); Speeches, lectures, speeches and other oral works; Computer programs Databases, music; photos and others.
We provide our clients with full support on copyright issues. We advise on usage, registration, transfer, copyright protection.
- comprehensive information about copyright and related rights, acceptable ways to manage them, the most effective methods of their protection;
- IP audit of copyright objects, which will identify and eliminate legal risks, which is especially relevant in the disposal or acquisition of rights to protected intellectual results;
- Comprehensive maintenance of transactions with copyright and related rights, development of local regulations of organizations on the issues of the right regulation of official works;
- Recommendations for effective protection of violated rights and interests, including in the case of violations on the Internet;
- advice on how to create a strategy to protect against unfounded claims by rights holders and third parties.
- Maintaining transactions with copyright and related rights;
- Resolution of intellectual property disputes
- Registration of trademarks in the customs register;
- Copyright and related rights protection;
- Manufacturing Secrets (know-how);
- International patenting;
- Domain names (registration and dispute resolution);
- Comprehensive advice on intellectual property protection in information technology;
- International trademark registration;
- Legal Audit of Intellectual Property (IP Due Diligence);
- Trademark registration.
If you suspect that your rights are being violated, you can contact our specialists – lawyers and lawyers. We will conduct a preliminary analysis of the violation and offer you the best options for protecting your rights.