The practice of the Internet and IT
Specialists of the law firm AGTL have unique experience of legal support of Internet projects and projects in the field of IT technologies, as well as the launch of Internet startups. We advise IT companies and we are well aware of all the intricacies of information and personal data protection, online trading and electronic payments. Our lawyers are very familiar with the specifics of IT companies, which allows us to talk to clients in the same language.
- Weighted solutions for choosing a model for doing business online.
- Prepare a complete set of documents for the normal operation of the Internet project, protecting it from the claims of third parties.
- Effective legal protection in pre-trial and judicial rights to domain names, websites, software.
- Answers to the most complex and non-standard questions that arise during the project.
- Comprehensive legal support for the project from idea to launch.
Accompanying investments in Internet projects and start-ups
- Assessment of the legal risks of the project.
- Develop the optimal model of entry into the project in terms of tax and legal risks.
- Develop equity and investment agreements.
- Accompanying the deal.
- Develop optional programs.
- Advising on the possibilities of placing the project in special economic and technical areas.
Legal support for Internet projects
- Develop options for the organizational, legal, contractual and tax model of the Internet project.
- Develop a complete package of documents necessary for the operation of the project (internal regulations of business processes, user agreements, offers, contracts with users and merchants, contracts with transport companies courier services, contracts with payment gateways, samples of notifications (messages), disqualifications arising in the commission of certain actions by users.
- Advice on payments, delivery of goods, claims by buyers.
- Accompanying the launch of the Internet project, including working with an IT specialist and the site’s designer to host robotic programs that form documents (contracts, reports, etc.), and the necessary information that is delivered to users (disclamers, notifications, confirmation of consent to working conditions, etc.).
Structuring the it-company business
Choosing jurisdictions to accommodate the ownership structure and operating companies.
Choosing the best contractual structures within the group and with counterparties.
Accompanying investment in start-ups, analysis and preparation of venture agreements.
Develop shareholder agreements and corporate contracts.
Protection of intellectual property in Ukraine and the EU
- Resolution of conflicts related to trademarks and domain names, posting false information on the site (protection of business reputation), accusations of “spam”, accusations of violations of the current communications law, etc.
- Trademark registration ( trademark).
- Structuring or creating a system of protection of intellectual property objects (both subject to mandatory registration and not registered in due course).
- Develop licensing agreements and franchising agreements.
- Prepare documents that protect the company from the claims of software developers.
Develop all kinds of contracts needed for an IT company to operate
- Agency contracts, including contracts with foreign counterparties.
- Contracts for the creation and maintenance of sites.
- Licensing contracts.
- Distribution agreements.
- IT outsourcing contracts.
- Documents to protect confidential information and trade secrets, including non-disclosure agreements.
Develop a personal data protection system
- Preparing conclusions on the basic requirements for dealing with personal data, the essential conditions of the rules for the processing of personal data, the order of informing users of the rules of processing personal data, etc.
- Determining the need to register the Customer as an operator for the processing of personal data (in case the organizer of the site will be another person, not the Customer).
- Develop local acts: rules for obtaining, processing, storing and destroying personal data.
- Develop internal regulations establishing the procedure for transferring processed personal data to regulatory authorities, government authorities on their request, etc.
- Develop an order agreement to collect, process, store, and destroy personal data.
- Develop other documents needed to organize a personal data protection system.
Protecting the interests of IT companies in disputes with contractors and customers
- Representing IT companies in disputes with customers of their services.
- Representing the interests of online store operators with customers.
- Representing the interests of Internet project operators in disputes with other project participants.
- Participation in conflict resolution between project beneficiaries.