Copyright and related rights protection
The protection of copyright and related rights is a service of the law firm AGTL Kharkiv, Kyiv, Odessa. Lawsuit is the most effective means of restoring violated rights and interests of authors and performers of works, developers of computer programs, compilers of databases and manufacturers of phonograms, organizers of broadcast and cable broadcasting, intellectual property objects.
Resolution of disputes is possible in court or pre-trial.
- Lawyers work in ip protection;
- Speed in providing the necessary information
- Successful mediation experience in intellectual property infringement;
- Effective protection of clients’ interests in court and other public bodies;
- An individual approach to the formation of a package of protection services;
- flexible approach to payment of services: you will be able to pay for services in a lump sum, in stages, as well as provide a “success fee.”
AGTL experts determine the most effective strategy and tactics for protecting infringed rights individually for each case of violation.
The protection of copyright and related rights includes:
- Legal analysis of the situation and the collection of evidence base;
- Legal analysis of contract IP facilities when they are available;
- IP consulting;
- Pre-trial settlement of the dispute (optional);
- The use of preliminary interim measures;
- Preparation of a lawsuit and representation in all judicial and administrative instances;
- assistance in the execution of court acts.
The author’s rights are divided into property and non-property.
- The author’s property rights may be transferred to third parties. Their validity begins with the creation of the work, continues throughout the life of the author and ends 70 years after his death. After the expiration of property rights, the work becomes public domain
- The author’s non-property rights cannot be transferred to third parties and are not limited in duration.
Require recognition of the authorship of the work;
Prohibit or authorize the use of a work under the author’s real name, anonymously or under a pseudonym;
Prohibit or allow the publication of a work at any time before it is made public;
Protect the work from any corrections that may harm the honor and dignity of the author.
Right to use a work
The right to ban or authorize the use of a work
The use of the work is implied
Play and copy
Distribution of the work;
Imports of copies of the work;
Translation of the work;
Public display, reproduction and display of the work;
Correcting, supplementing and reworking the work;
Public broadcasting of the work.
– Renting a work
This list is not exhaustive.
In order to notify of their copyright, the author or the copyright holder, who has been given the property copyright, has the right to label the relevant markings on the copies of the work, a sign of copyright protection, which is a set of three elements:
A sign of © (copyright);
The name of the copyright holder
The year the first publication of the work.
Customer service result
- Recognition of the relevant copyright and related rights for applicants;
- suppression of copyright and related rights violations;
- Removing pirated content and preventing it from re-posting on the Internet;
- Creating conditions to prevent re-infringement of applicants’ rights and interests;
- recovery or damages.
The duration of the provision of copyright and related rights protection services depends on the type of intellectual property, the nature of the infringement and the chosen strategy of conduct. In most cases, it takes approximately 2-3 months from the time of the appeal to the first court decision.
In the case of copyright and related rights infringement by improperly distributing protected objects on the Internet, it usually takes approximately 4-5 working days to remove the relevant information or restrict access to infringing sites.
If you suspect that your rights are being violated, you can contact our specialists – lawyers and lawyers. We will conduct a preliminary analysis of the violation and offer you the best options for protecting your rights.