Debt collection from foreign companies
Debt collection from foreign companies – services to support VED international practice. Today it is no longer uncommon for contracts to be signed between legal entities from different countries. In most cases, during the period of establishing the relationship and signing the contract, a foreign company has an accredited representative office, branch or subsidiary in Ukraine. However, there may be a situation when relations with the contractor have soured. You are already thinking about forcibly collecting the debt… However, it turns out that all the company’s checking accounts in Ukraine are closed, the office has been liquidated, and there is no presence of the company in Ukraine.
And having received the court’s decision in Ukraine, you do not know what to do with it, because it is not possible to find a contractor and his property.
The way out in the current situation may be to apply for foreclosure on the property of the company in the country in which it is registered and conducts the main activity.
The rule of law in most countries involves a complex procedure for enforcing the decisions of foreign courts. A full or partial review of the court’s decision may be required.
The law firm AGTL is ready to help you in solving this problem, not only in the conduct of the trial, but also in the search of the debtor’s property.
Benefits of the service
- Professional lawyers with dozens of won cases in arbitration;
- Legal services of the highest quality;
- Comprehensive support for professionals of different backgrounds from lawyers to auditors;
- Complete privacy;
- Our experience and practice in the field of arbitration dispute resolution is confirmed by many years of work in the legal services market;
Together with our partners, we offer you the following services:
- Advising on the order of enforcement of court decisions in the state of interest.
- Collect information on the debtor’s solvency and property. Including official information about the initiation of bankruptcy proceedings against the debtor.
- Representing the client in foreign courts and state bodies in connection with the application of foreclosure on the debtor’s property.
- Advice on the possibility of holding the debtor’s shareholders accountable. Managers or other persons controlling the debtor, if his property is insufficient.
- Regardless of the degree of participation in the project of our foreign colleagues, we bear all responsibility for the work before the Client.
The main reasons for non-payment are: lack of necessary financing, change of ownership, change of management of the organization, bankruptcy, bad faith and fraud.
Efficiency in debt collection from legal entities, first of all, depends on the financial condition of the debtor. Does your debtor have enough assets to pay off the debt? The debtor’s financial condition is based on documented data. Including accounting data. At the same time has nothing to do with the debtor’s excuses for the lack of money.