International patenting is a service of the law firm AGTL Kharkiv, Kyiv, Odessa. Companies planning to use a developed technical solution, a formula of a drug or another IP object outside Ukraine should not forget that patent law is territorial – that is, operates only in the country where the patent was obtained.
- Lawyers work in the area of intellectual property protection;
- Cooperation with Ukrpatent and international patent authorities;
- Experts in international law are well aware of the intricacies of patent laws in different countries;
- Choosing effective tools to protect IP assets, taking into account the legislative specifics of different countries;
- Experience in streamlining the procedure and timing of obtaining legal protection of industrial property;
- implementation of the patent search and the conclusion of the possibility of registration.
There is an international procedure for applying for a patent in several countries at once. Such a system is developed in the Patent Cooperation Treaty (RST).
An international application is submitted to the International Office of the World Intellectual Property Organization (IMB WIPO) through the Ukrainian Patent Office. This application provides a patent in 148 countries.
In addition, there are regional patents, such as European and Eurasian. It is possible to obtain a European patent operating in the European Union (first we receive an international application, which is then transferred for patenting to the European Patent Office) or by applying directly to the European Patent Office. The European patent will be valid in 28 countries.
The patenting service for any object includes:
- Learning about the subject of patenting;
- Analyzing perspectives and developing the best solution;
- Preparation of an international application for registration of this facility;
- Filing an international application to Rospatent and amending;
- Tracking the progress of the world Intellectual Property Organization’s international bureau of expertise;
- If necessary , challenging the decisions of rospatent civil servants;
- Receiving a patent document.
You can get:
- law enforcement documents – patents for invention or useful model of several countries;
- a new intangible asset that will increase the company’s competitiveness and investment attractiveness in the market. You will be able to expand the market for goods or services.
- Maintaining transactions with copyright and related rights;
- Resolution of intellectual property disputes
- Registration of trademarks in the customs register;
- Copyright and related rights protection;
- Manufacturing Secrets (know-how);
- International patenting;
- Domain names (registration and dispute resolution);
- Comprehensive advice on intellectual property protection in information technology;
- International trademark registration;
- Legal Audit of Intellectual Property (IP Due Diligence);
- Trademark registration.
If you suspect that your rights are being violated, you can contact our specialists – lawyers and lawyers. We will conduct a preliminary analysis of the violation and offer you the best options for protecting your rights.