Corporate restructuring and management
Recently, due to the stabilization of civil turnover and the filling of economic markets, one of the most pressing issues of doing business is its restructuring.
This is often due to management and organizational decision-making practices based on the current situation, without taking into account the possible implications for the overall business structure in the future.
A team of experienced corporate law lawyers with practice;
A comprehensive and comprehensive risk analysis
immersion in the client’s business.
Legal due diligence of the current management structure and mechanisms of business operation. Legal due diligence, among other things, includes:
- Analyzing the decision-making of the company’s management (group of companies) as part of the restructuring;
- analysis of the “strong” and “weak” aspects of the current structure of the organization, including by analyzing the legal status and efficiency of asset use.
- analysis of the main problematic issues of the organization – it can be unfriendly creditors, corporate conflicts, conflicts with government agencies, etc.
Develop and compare possible business restructuring options. Within this block, we provide the following services:
- Choosing the best form of business restructuring (operational or strategic restructuring, comprehensive or partial restructuring, consolidation (holding) or business unbundling);
- various restructuring options focus on issues such as: choosing the parent company’s incorporation location, allocating profit centres and moving the company’s revenues to a low-tax environment; Separating assets from operating activities; Risks that may arise during the restructuring of the business; tax and property risks of economic transactions to be carried out after the reorganization. Based on the results of our work, we will provide you with alternative options for forming a new organizational structure that takes into account the current position of the group of companies in the market, as well as the prospects for the market and your plans.
- Detailed work on the chosen legal business model within the group of companies;
Accompanying the restructuring process
Develop an action plan to introduce a new legal model. A timetable for these activities.
Ensuring legal support for measures aimed at introducing a new legal model. Including:
- Develop agreements of business owners (shareholder agreements, agreements on the implementation of the rights of participants, framework agreements, agreements of intent (term sheets));
- Develop changes to company charters as well as governance provisions;
- Accompanying actions aimed at changing the structure of storage and accounting of shares (transfer of the register to the registrar, transfer of shares to a depository or trustee);
- Accompanying corporate events;
- Interaction with minority shareholders/participants;
- Interaction with creditors
Restructuring the business will allow you to:
- Build a reliable asset protection system using all modern legal tools;
- Create a single decision-making centre and a system to monitor their implementation;
- Effectively control financial relationships within the group of companies and with counterparties;
- Ensure effective protection of business from unscrupulous contractors;
- Increase the transparency of the company;
- Optimize your tax burden;
- Reduce running costs.
We provide high quality professional services, based on the company’s collective knowledge, internal control system
In its content, the restructuring has a set of organizational measures to improve and update the structure of the legal entity (association of legal entities), forms and methods of marketing, production, financial, investment activities, staff structure, management methods, etc.
The result of the restructuring is a favorable and long-term impact on the profitability of the structure.
The formation of an updated organizational structure requires taking into account the tax, antitrust and other legal consequences of the actions being taken.
Consultants of the law firm AGTL will help to choose the best and most effective way to reorganize the business and provide qualified support at all stages.
Tax, commercial and antitrust practitioners from the law firm AGTL are involved in the work on business restructuring projects, which ensures full support of the restructuring procedure.